How to Hire Innovative Employees
How do you find the right mix of employees so that your company will find innovative solutions to complex problems? Here is a how-to guide to find the right personalities for your business.
What's the Latest Development?
Certain personality types are better at finding innovative solutions to difficult business problems but how can you, as an employer, find innovative employees? Looking for a conceptual thinker who does not feel restrained by conventional boundaries can become part of your interview process. Ask prospective employees how they would assemble furniture from directions. Their response will tell you how guided by convention they are. An innovative thinker might say, "I look at the picture on the box, then begin."
What's the Big Idea?
Innovative thinkers are likely to be more intuitive and allow their decision process to be guided by inspiration rather than raw data. If you ask an innovative person how he or she prepares for a project deadline, they might respond, "I search the Internet for ideas then talk a long walk. I always seem to find a solution, even if it arrives just days before a deadline." Expect an innovative person to ask you, the company's representative, where you think the business will be in ten years. They may also ask to bring their dog to work.
Photo credit: shutterstock.com
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.