How to Get an Idea for a New Business
You can use the same method that generated the idea for Twitter to create a new idea for your business. It just takes a little brainstorming and a few important ground rules.
What's the Latest Development?
When entrepreneur Jason Nazar wanted a new idea for his business, he turned to the method which produced the idea for Twitter, a website you may have heard of. But before there was Twitter, there was Odeo. And when its founder, Evan Williams, decided the company needed a fresh start, he broke his employees into small groups and gave them a week to generate a fresh idea. Jack Dorsey came back with Twitter and the rest, as they say, is history. When Nazar implemented the same strategy, his employees returned with a similarly unique idea which is now under development.
What's the Big Idea?
Nazar had an idea of what ground rules would produce the freshest and most effective ideas. First, he thought there needed to be some parameters. 'They had to be able to make $1 million in the first year and we had to be able to build a minimum viable product in three months,' he says. Then he paired engineers with business people precisely because they have little experience working together. When the teams return with their ideas, Nazar recommends paying attention to the people's choice even if a judging panel selects another project as the winner.
Photo credit: shutterstock.com
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
It's the first time the association hasn't hired a comedian in 16 years.
- The 2018 WHCA ended in controversy after comedian Michelle Wolf made jokes some considered to be offensive.
- The WHCA apologized for Wolf's jokes, though some journalists and many comedians backed the comedian and decried arguments in favor of limiting the types of speech permitted at the event.
- Ron Chernow, who penned a bestselling biography of Alexander Hamilton, will speak at next year's dinner.
A glass of juice has as much sugar, ounce for ounce, as a full-calorie soda. And those vitamins do almost nothing.
Quick: think back to childhood (if you've reached the scary clown you've gone too far). What did your parents or guardians give you to keep you quiet? If you're anything like most parents, it was juice. But here's the thing: juice is bad for you.
A study on flies may hold the key to future addiction treatments.
- A new study suggests that drinking alcohol can affect how memories are stored away as good or bad.
- This may have drastic implications for how addiction is caused and how people recall intoxication.
- The findings may one day lead to a new form of treatment for those suffering from addiction.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.