How Not To Hit The Wall
"A marathoner’s worst nightmare — hitting 'the wall' — may be completely avoidable if athletes adhere to personalized pace limits proposed by a biomedical engineer and runner.
"A marathoner’s worst nightmare — hitting 'the wall' — may be completely avoidable if athletes adhere to personalized pace limits proposed by a biomedical engineer and runner (Benjamin Rapoport)." "This is a unique area that hadn’t been addressed in the medical literature in any substantial way," says Mark Cucuzzella, a physician and running coach based in Harpers Ferry, W.Va. "He’s lending some hard numbers to what experienced runners and coaches have been doing." Rapoport’s model also shows that a slightly faster pace can be maintained by consuming a midrace snack. He plans to put an easy-to-use version of his formula on the Internet."
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.