How Not To Hit The Wall
"A marathoner’s worst nightmare — hitting 'the wall' — may be completely avoidable if athletes adhere to personalized pace limits proposed by a biomedical engineer and runner.
"A marathoner’s worst nightmare — hitting 'the wall' — may be completely avoidable if athletes adhere to personalized pace limits proposed by a biomedical engineer and runner (Benjamin Rapoport)." "This is a unique area that hadn’t been addressed in the medical literature in any substantial way," says Mark Cucuzzella, a physician and running coach based in Harpers Ferry, W.Va. "He’s lending some hard numbers to what experienced runners and coaches have been doing." Rapoport’s model also shows that a slightly faster pace can be maintained by consuming a midrace snack. He plans to put an easy-to-use version of his formula on the Internet."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.