"By 2050, almost 70 percent of the world's estimated 10 billion inhabitants—or more than the number of people living today—will be part of massive urban networks."
"By 2050, almost 70 percent of the world's estimated 10 billion inhabitants—or more than the number of people living today—will be part of massive urban networks. ... These staggering statistical trends are driving the evolution of the 'megacity,' defined as an urban agglomeration of more than 10 million people. Sixty years ago there were only two: New York/Newark and Tokyo. Today there are 22 such megacities—the majority in the developing countries of Asia, Africa, and Latin America—and by 2025 there will probably be 30 or more."
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
- As a stand-up comedian, Pete Holmes knows how words can manipulate audiences — for good and bad.
- Words aren't just words. They stich together our social fabric, helping establish and maintain relationships.
- Holmes has a clever linguistic exercise meant to bring you closer to the people around you.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- For many, this burden can be alleviated by becoming familiar with some straightforward financial concepts.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.