Hate Breeding Hate
Eugene Terreblanche, leader of the neo-Nazi party in South Africa, has been cut down by one of his own farmhands ending a career of political extremism, terrorism and violence.
Eugene Terreblanche, leader of the neo-Nazi party in South Africa, has been cut down by one of his own farmhands ending a career of political extremism, terrorism and violence. "South African neo-Nazi leader Eugene Terreblanche has been hacked to death in his sleep by two workers on his farm after what was believed to be a dispute over unpaid wages. Police arrived at the farm in Ventersdorp in the western Transvaal at 5pm yesterday and found Terreblanche, 69, on his bed with serious wounds to his head and body. They also found a knobkerrie and a panga – a machete used for chopping vegetation – abandoned nearby. Terreblanche died in hospital two hours later, South African media reported. Andre Visagie of the Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging, or Afrikaner Resistance Movement (AWB), told the website News24 that Terreblanche had been so badly beaten 'he did not look like Eugene any more'."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
The rise of anti-scientific thinking and conspiracy is a concerning trend.
- Fifty years later after one of the greatest achievements of mankind, there's a growing number of moon landing deniers. They are part of a larger trend of anti-scientific thinking.
- Climate change, anti-vaccination and other assorted conspiratorial mindsets are a detriment and show a tangible impediment to fostering real progress or societal change.
- All of these separate anti-scientific beliefs share a troubling root of intellectual dishonesty and ignorance.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.