Hackers may take on Mexican Drug Cartel
In a bizarre twist to Mexico's drug war, an international group of online hackers has warned a drug cartel to release one of its members, or see its private details published.
What's the Latest Development?
The world has taken an interesting turn in the power struggles within the huge illegal drug economy. International online hackers group, Anonymous, has introduced a new weapon: a threat to publish the identities and addresses of a Mexican syndicate's associates, from corrupt police to taxi drivers, as well as reveal its businesses. Its warning to the Zetas group followed the kidnapping of an Anonymous member.
What's the Big Idea?
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.