Hackers may take on Mexican Drug Cartel
In a bizarre twist to Mexico's drug war, an international group of online hackers has warned a drug cartel to release one of its members, or see its private details published.
What's the Latest Development?
The world has taken an interesting turn in the power struggles within the huge illegal drug economy. International online hackers group, Anonymous, has introduced a new weapon: a threat to publish the identities and addresses of a Mexican syndicate's associates, from corrupt police to taxi drivers, as well as reveal its businesses. Its warning to the Zetas group followed the kidnapping of an Anonymous member.
What's the Big Idea?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.