Green Needs More R & D
Climate change expert Bjorn Lomborg says carbon pricing is a "broken" scheme and the world must instead invest heavily in R & D to make green energy cheaper than fossil fuels.
Professor Bjorn Lomborg is director of the Denmark-based Copenhagen Consensus Centre. "'Trying to make fossil fuels so expensive that nobody wants them is just never going to succeed,' Professor Lomborg said. 'It's politically impossible and it's economically a bad idea. That's why, instead of making fossil fuels so expensive nobody wants them, we need to make green energy so cheap everyone wants it.' He said the cost curves of all green energy options had been coming down over the past 30 years, creating a huge opportunity."
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
Turns out pushups are more telling than treadmill tests when it comes to cardiovascular health.
- The Harvard study focused on over 1,100 firefighters with a median age of 39.
- The exact results might not be applicable to men of other age groups or to women, researchers warn.
- The ban will surely shape future conversations about gun control in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.