Gold Continues Looking Golden
The U.S. economy is dealing with its problems by printing trillions of dollars. As these dollars flood the markets, investors have increasingly turned towards gold to hedge their currency doubts.
As world economic and political stability are thrown increasingly into question, gold remains a confident answer for worried investors. "During last year, gold rose some 30%, leaving investors wondering if there was any upside left in the metal. But this year has brought renewed vigour to the demand for gold as a hedge against global uncertainty. Revolts in Tunisia and Egypt, uprising in Libya, protests in Bahrain, the deepening debt-crisis in the Euro Zone and tensions in the Middle East have all renewed the strength of gold as a safe haven."
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.