Gold Continues Looking Golden
The U.S. economy is dealing with its problems by printing trillions of dollars. As these dollars flood the markets, investors have increasingly turned towards gold to hedge their currency doubts.
As world economic and political stability are thrown increasingly into question, gold remains a confident answer for worried investors. "During last year, gold rose some 30%, leaving investors wondering if there was any upside left in the metal. But this year has brought renewed vigour to the demand for gold as a hedge against global uncertainty. Revolts in Tunisia and Egypt, uprising in Libya, protests in Bahrain, the deepening debt-crisis in the Euro Zone and tensions in the Middle East have all renewed the strength of gold as a safe haven."
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Explore a legendary philosopher's take on how society fails to prepare us for education and progress.
- Alan Watts was an instrumental figure in the 1960s counterculture revolution.
- He believed that we put too much of a focus on intangible goals for our educational and professional careers.
- Watts believed that the whole educational enterprise is a farce compared to how we should be truly living our lives.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.