Go Digital Now, Canada
Canadian Senator Dennis Dawson urges his country to create a digital society, stressing this is much more than just a digital economy and integrates all social spheres, including health.
Canadian Senator Dennis Dawson on his country joining the digital age: "Creating a digital society will be key in the competitiveness of nations in the upcoming years. It is important to note here that the wording 'digital society' is broader than 'digital economy.' A digital society integrates all social spheres, such as the health sector. Just two weeks ago, I met with representatives of the Canadian Medical Association. Canada ranks amongst one of the last OECD countries in terms of digital medical files and computers in hospitals. While we are waiting for a digital plan here, the world is moving forward."
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.