Get Ready for the Four Screen Strategy
Expect 2012 to be the year of a major push to sell us 'families' of interconnected screen devices that use the cloud to store our digital entertainment libraries.
What's the Latest Development?
If 2011 is the year of the smartphone, expect 2012 to be the start of a big push by the likes of Sony, Samsung and Apple to sell their customers families of interconnected screen devices, serving up cloud-stored entertainment libraries. The "four screen" strategy is the future, and promises more seamless linking between devices such as your smart phone, TV, PC and tablet.
What's the Big Idea?
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.