"It seems fair to conclude that the 81-year-old, Canadian-born [Frank] Gehry is the most important architect of our age," writes Matt Tyrnauer.
"It seems fair to conclude that the 81-year-old, Canadian-born [Frank] Gehry is the most important architect of our age," writes Matt Tyrnauer. "Like Frank Lloyd Wright, the last great American original in architecture who achieved popular world fame (and who late in life created another iconoclastic Guggenheim Museum), Gehry is an innovator who came from outside the Establishment, an architect against the grain whose sheer genius pulled him to the red-hot center of his art. "
- The minimum wage debate rages on
- The same study authors in 2017 famously argued that raising the wage to $15/hr. in Seattle and Tacoma actually cost jobs
- This study says something else, though study authors are quick to say they don't necessarily contradict each other. Ummm ...
Calling all big thinkers!
The 72-page report makes a case against modern policy proposals like "Medicare for All" and free college tuition.
- The report comes from the White House Council of Economic Advisers (CEA), which is run by professional economists.
- It attempts to make direct connections between modern-day progressives and past socialist figures like Stalin and Mao.
- The report comes in the wake of other explicitly anti-socialist sentiments expressed by the Trump administration.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.