Gawker's War on Self-Regard
Gawker began as a media-gossip site devoted to 'radical Manhattanism,' and has since morphed into a world view for the blogging generation.
A look inside Nick Denton’s blog empire. Gawker Media, the online publishing network, began in 2002 as a media-gossip site devoted to 'radical Manhattanism,' and has since morphed into a world view for the blogging generation. (Ninety-three per cent of its audience is under the age of forty-five.) "Through Gawker, Denton wages war on self-regard — or presumed self-regard, as his cast of mind is both abstract and deeply tribal, inclining him to sort nearly all people into one or another category that could be judged full of itself."
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
Turns out pushups are more telling than treadmill tests when it comes to cardiovascular health.
- The Harvard study focused on over 1,100 firefighters with a median age of 39.
- The exact results might not be applicable to men of other age groups or to women, researchers warn.
- The ban will surely shape future conversations about gun control in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.