Focus on Your Audience
To truly enable a Digital Society, People have to be the focus of the services offered. People that want access to their world anywhere, at any time from any device.
Digital Society is more than Facebook. To enable a truly digital society there are four major areas that industry and government need to enable: people to government, people to employers, people to retailers, people to people. "All too often in the recent past, organisations have worked on utilising technology to try and create innovative solutions, and then find the audience for them. ...The drive to establish online e-commerce for example led to a huge boom in online retailing and retail driven technology being developed. Those that got it right, were those that focused on the people experience, and included personalisation making it a very comfortable relationship."
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
A new study, led by psychologist Jean Twenge, points to the screen as the problem.
- In a new study, adolescents and young adults are experiencing increased rates of depression and suicide attempts.
- The data cover the years 2005–2017, tracking perfectly with the introduction of the iPhone and widespread dissemination of smartphones.
- Interestingly, the highest increase in depressive incidents was among individuals in the top income bracket.
On Thursday, New Zealand moved to ban an array of semi-automatic guns and firearms components following a mass shooting that killed 50 people.
- Gun control supporters are pointing to the ban as an example of swift, decisive action that the U.S. desperately needs.
- Others note the inherent differences between the two nations, arguing that it is a good thing that it is relatively hard to pass such legislation in such a short timeframe.
- The ban will surely shape future conversations about gun control in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.