First (Migrant) Aussie Female PM
“The greatness of Australia was on display...when a migrant woman became the nation's 27th prime minister”, The Australian newspaper writes of new leader Julia Gillard.
"The greatness of Australia was on display...when a migrant woman became the nation's 27th prime minister", The Australian newspaper writes of new leader Julia Gillard. "It demonstrates in Australia everybody has the right, and more often than not the opportunity, to make the most of their abilities...character, competence and hard work rather than gender, place of birth or assumptions of entitlement determine destiny." But Gillard must "pull her party back to the issues that matter most to ordinary Australians - the economy and national security, how much tax they pay and the quality of education their children receive."
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.