The effects of fishing are certainly not as extreme as the celestial impact that ended the age of the dinosaurs, but in some parts of the tropics we are getting close.
The predatory fish that have survived here have learned not to get suckered into chasing floating chunks of meat (AKA bait on hooks) and not to approach swimming bipeds, especially ones with pole spears. How the tables have turned! Way back in time, mammals became successful when a meteor hit our planet and the dinosaurs perished. We are seeing a similar transition on coral reefs, as the predators are removed and the prey fish gain capacity. The effects of fishing are certainly not as extreme as the celestial impact that ended the age of the dinosaurs, but in some parts of the tropics we are getting close.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.