F.D.A. Warms of Fake Radiation Drugs
Amidst the nuclear crisis in Japan, the F.D.A. is alerting consumers to be wary of internet sites and other retail outlets promoting products making false claims to prevent or treat effects of radiation.
Benign amounts of radiation have reached the west coast of the U.S. but many are looking to protect themselves—and scam artists could take advantage. "As the crisis worsens at the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan, many Americans—particularly on the West Coast—have begun buying anti-radiation potassium iodide tablets over fears that a radioactive cloud could reach our shores. But the Food and Drug Administration warns that some of them could be getting scammed. The agency warned that unprecedented demand for the pills could lead scammers to take advantage of panicked West Coasters."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- Creating a more connected world and indexing the world's information: what could be better than that?
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.