Fairy Tale Endings
"In fairy tales, 'good' triumphs over 'evil,' but how this happens isn’t simple. It’s quite common for traditional fairy tales to have complicated, even troubling, conclusions."
"It’s quite common for traditional fairy tales to have complicated, even troubling, conclusions...where innocent princesses get the prince only if they torment and kill their adversaries. What Disney did...was give us what we really want from 'happily ever after': an ending with no guilt, no loose ends. An ending where hope is resolved. Maybe that’s why all other Snow Whites and Cinderellas disappear in the face of Disney's. Orson Welles said that a happy ending depends on where you stop your story. Walt Disney’s genius was that he knew just when, and how, we like our endings. Not with hope but satisfaction."
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- His new music video, "Earth," features artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheehan, Kevin Hart, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
Time of death is considered when a person has gone into cardiac arrest. This is the cessation of the electrical impulse that drive the heartbeat. As a result, the heart locks up. The moment the heart stops is considered time of death. But does death overtake our mind immediately afterward or does it slowly creep in?
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.