Dubai to Build World's First Climate-Controlled City
Dubai is set to build the world's largest--and truly first--completely climate-controlled city. The structure will measure 48 million square feet, including 20,000 rooms available for stay.
What's the Latest?
Dubai is set to build the world's largest--and truly first--completely climate-controlled city. The structure will measure 48 million square feet, including 20,000 rooms available for stay divided between an expected 100 hotels and serviced apartment buildings. "Also included: a 3 million sq. ft. wellness zone catering to medical tourists, dedicated to providing wellness and rejuvenation services." For the city's cultural district, architects are planning theaters built around New York's Broadway, Ramblas Street in Barcelona, and London's Oxford Street.
What's the Big Idea?
Planners expect the city to draw 180 million tourists visits each year, including any number of international conferences attracted to the novel surroundings. The wellness zone will "offer a holistic experience to medical tourists and their families, ensuring access to quality healthcare, specialized surgical procedures and cosmetic treatments, wellness facilities, and high-end hospitality options, according to a Dubai Holding statement." The city, which will take ten years to complete once construction begins, will also contain the world's largest shopping mall.
Read more at Kurzweil AI
Photo credit: Shutterstock
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.