Treasury Secretary Geithner has delayed his report to Congress on the Chinese currency hoping to persuade China to appreciate the Yuan soon.
Treasury Secretary Geithner has delayed his report to Congress on the Chinese currency hoping to persuade China to appreciate the Yuan soon. "Geithner, explaining the delay in a statement Saturday, said a series of upcoming meetings, including among officials of the Group of 20 financially influential countries, and with China -- are 'the best avenue for advancing U.S. interests at this time.' Lawmakers from both parties have called on the Obama administration to speak out against China's refusal to let its currency appreciate. China has kept its yuan about 6.83 to the dollar for almost two years. Many U.S. economists say the currency is undervalued by as much as 40 percent. Keeping its currency low makes China's goods cheaper on the world market and more likely to be purchased by other countries. But, analysts say, it hurts American businesses, which cannot then compete."
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.