Scientists have linked mental health problems like depression to the consumption of processed foods.
Eating a diet high in processed food increases the risk of depression according to research from University College London. It found that foods we know are bad for our bodies, such as high levels of dairy products, fats and sugars, can actually also be bad for our emotional well being. Fresh vegetables, fruit and fish in your diet significantly reduces your chances of contracting depression; while eating junk food increases the likelihood that you’ll suffer from symptoms of the problem including mood swings, lethargy and irritability. The statistics show that those who eat the healthiest of diets are 60 per cent less likely to be depressed than those with a typically unhealthy eating regime.
Our experience of time may be blinding us to its true nature, say scientists.
- Time may not be passing at all, says the Block Universe Theory.
- Time travel may be possible.
- Your perception of time is likely relative to you and limited.
From questionable shipwrecks to outright attacks, they clearly don't want to be bothered.
- Many have tried to contact the Sentinelese, to write about them, or otherwise.
- But the inhabitants of the 23 square mile island in the Bay of Bengal don't want anything to do with the outside world.
- Their numbers are unknown, but either 40 or 500 remain.
At least he wasn't burned at the stake, right?
- The letter suggests Galileo censored himself a bit in order to fly more under the radar. It didn't work, though.
- The Royal Society Journal will publish the variants of the letters shortly, and scholars will begin to analyze the results.
- The letter was in obscurity for hundreds of years in Royal Society Library in London.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.