Inside the mind of Albert Gonzalez, America’s most notorious computer hacker. “Whatever morality I should have been feeling was trumped by the thrill."
What motivated America’s most notorious computer hacker? "At first I did it for monetary reasons. ...By then I’d already created the snowball and had to keep doing it." "He claims his intentions were partly admirable. Gonzalez relished the intellectual challenges of cybercrime too. He is not a gifted programmer, in fact, he can barely write simple code — but by all accounts he can understand systems and fillet them with singular grace. But he also liked stealing: "Whatever morality I should have been feeling was trumped by the thrill." And he liked spending. He referring to his scheme as Operation Get Rich or Die Tryin’.
It's the first time the association hasn't hired a comedian in 16 years.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
A study on flies may hold the key to future addiction treatments.
- A new study suggests that drinking alcohol can affect how memories are stored away as good or bad.
- This may have drastic implications for how addiction is caused and how people recall intoxication.
- The findings may one day lead to a new form of treatment for those suffering from addiction.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.