Cracking Voices and Young Breasts
"Boys’ voices are breaking earlier; girls are developing breasts as young as six. But why?" Danish researchers began investigating when a church choir could not find enough pre-pubescent boys.
"Boys’ voices are breaking earlier; girls are developing breasts as young as six. But why?" Danish researchers began investigating when a church choir could not find enough pre-pubescent boys. "Most paediatric endocrinologists now agree that the age of puberty is falling fast in developed nations. But there is no consensus on why. The changes are happening too fast to be genetic, so the focus is on environmental factors. Obesity, chemicals and even absentee fathers have all been investigated (a girl who lives apart from her father tends to get her period earlier)."
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
We know the dangers of too little sleep. Now for the other side of the story.
- Western University researchers found that sleeping over eight hours per night results in cognitive decline.
- Oversleepers suffer similar difficulties on certain cognitive tests as those who sleep under seven hours.
- Not all the news is bad: One night of oversleeping results in a cognitive boost.
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
The ability to communicate effectively can make or break a person's assessment of your intelligence, competence, and authenticity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.