Condoms for Kids?
Do specially made “extra small” condoms for children sound like a good idea, asks Marlon Abrahams, in response to a new safe sex campaign targeting 12-year-olds in Switzerland?
Do specially made "extra small" condoms for children sound like a good idea, asks Marlon Abrahams, in response to a new safe sex campaign targeting 12-year-olds in Switzerland? Comically titled the "Hotshot", the new kind of condom has been developed by the Swiss government after a survey showed that 12 to 14-year-olds did not use sufficient protection when having sex. Marlon says: "Immediately I thought about my girls. Would I want them engaging in sex at the age of 12 with a pimply faced squirt armed with a pack of Hotshots? Certainly not! I’d want them to wait until they were 33 years old like I was when I had my first experience and Hannah was conceived. But would I prefer that they rather did it with a ‘responsible’ little squirt, hell yes! I don’t know if it was easier for our parents back in the day. Maybe not, sure I guess sex was happening between 12-year-olds back then too. Yet we only found out when someone got pregnant from it. And is it really such a big deal? Such a shock to realise that 12-year-old kids are doing it already? Well it shouldn’t be. In the days of yore it was more-or-less common practise to get married at around that age, even Royalty engaged in the practise regularly."
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.