Cloud Computing & You
Along with CD binders, bookshelves, and DVD collections, please add to the list of defunct media storage devices: Your hard drive.
Along with CD binders, bookshelves, and DVD collections, please add to the list of defunct media storage devices: Your hard drive. As more media companies allow people to use the web to store videos, music, photos and the rest of their digital lives, consumers could find themselves with more gigabytes than they know what to do with — and a significant savings on everything from MP3 players to pricey warranties. The innovation is called "cloud computing" and, simply put, it is the technology behind web-based services that store your digital files remotely and offer you access from multiple devices through a browser or downloadable app.
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
The ability to communicate effectively can make or break a person's assessment of your intelligence, competence, and authenticity.
The lawsuit claims the administration violated the First Amendment when it revoked the press credentials of reporter Jim Acosta.
- CNN reporter Jim Acosta's press credentials were revoked following a heated exchange with President Donald Trump on November 8.
- The network filed a lawsuit against the administration on Tuesday, claiming the administration has violated multiple amendments.
- The White House may only revoke the press credentials of journalists for "compelling reasons," not for reasons involving content.
Fall is a bad time to hold elections.
- Usually, only about 40 percent of eligible voters participate in midterm elections.
- Political philosopher John Stuart Mill believed it would be for the collective good if everybody voted.
- Because of logistics, we may need to change the time of year we vote.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.