China the Banker in the New World Order?
Will China become the banker to the rest of the world? Here's why the E.U. can't rely on the U.S. but could rely on China to help bail it out of its liquidity crisis.
What's the Latest Development?
China is emerging as banker to the rest of the world and could hold the key to rescuing the euro from collapse. The U.S. owes China $1.3 trillion and is unlikely to help bail the E.U. out of its liquidity crisis. China is the only power in the world that could afford to 'help,' hence French President Nicolas Sarkozy's call to his Chinese counterpart, Hu Jintao, to request support.
What's the Big Idea?
For China, the role of Europe's savior following 66 years as a U.S. protectorate would be rather irresistible. "But China isn't about to jump through European hoops in to the monetary quicksands of Europe on the strength of a friendly Gallic phone call and a Teutonic visitor."
No, the Syrian civil war is not over. But it might be soon. Time for a recap
- The War in Syria has dropped off the radar, but it's not over (yet)
- This 1-minute video shows how the fronts have moved – and stabilised – over the past 22 months
- Watching this video may leave you both better informed, and slightly queasy: does war need a generic rock soundtrack?
Sarco assisted suicide pods come in three different styles, and allow you to die quickly and painlessly. They're even quite beautiful to look at.
Death: it happens to everyone (except, apparently, Keanu Reeves). But while the impoverished and lower-class people of the world die in the same ol' ways—cancer, heart disease, and so forth—the upper classes can choose hip and cool new ways to die. Now, there's an assisted-suicide pod so chic and so stylin' that peeps (young people still say peeps, right?) are calling it the "Tesla" of death... it's called... the Sarco!
Entrepreneur and author Andrew Horn shares his rules for becoming an assured conversationalist.
- To avoid basing action on external validation, you need to find your "authentic voice" and use it.
- Finding your voice requires asking the right questions of yourself.
- There are 3-5 questions that you would generally want to ask people you are talking to.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.