Benefits of Being Fired
With the economy in dire straits and unemployment soaring, could Anna Wintour have some helpful advice?
"With the economy still in dire straits and unemployment expected to rise by millions, those who find themselves unexpectedly out of work have been given some gung-ho career advice by the unlikely figure of Anna Wintour. The famously truculent editor of Vogue magazine has revealed that she was once sacked while working for Harper's Bazaar, but says losing her job was one of the best things that had ever happened to her... While Wintour's suggestion might not be endorsed by many careers advisors, there is a surprisingly large body of evidence which lends weight to her theory."
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.