Believe It or Not
David Lewis-Williams doesn't think direct arguments against religion will have much effect on men unless they are gradually illuminated by science.
Like Darwin, David Lewis-Williams doesn't think direct arguments against religion will have much effect on men unless they are gradually illuminated by science. So his book, "Conceiving God: the Cognitive Origin and Evolution of Religion," takes an incremental approach through the history of religion and its conflicts with science. In the end, he concludes that theistic and non-theistic worldviews are incompatible unless science can bridge the gap.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Best case: Redrawing borders leads to peace, prosperity and EU membership. But there's also a worst case.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.