Barbie A Symphony Star
Attracting children to classical music and ballet is the only way that these two performing arts can hope to have a future audience. And Barbie is the critical link.
American conductor and music producer Arnie Roth has successfully used Barbie to introduce children to live classical music and now also ballet. Why? "Roth insists that attracting children to classical music and ballet is the only way that these two performing arts can hope to have a future audience. Barbie, the once and future catalyst for many a pre-pubescent feminine fantasy, could be the just the ticket." "Barbie at the Symphony’s dance sequences have been such a hit that Roth has just finished working on an all-ballet show of Barbie and The Nutcracker, which has its premiere in Dublin, Ireland in two weeks."
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.