Art + Technology = The Future
A conference that recently brought artists and technologists together glimpsed at the future which, among other things, consists of 3-D printing and online graffiti.
What's the Latest Development?
Inspired by a 1966 event called "9 Evening: Theatre & Engineering" which paired artists and scientists to create duo performances, the Manhattan-based "Seven on Seven" conference recently supported the collaboration of technophiles and artists to create something in just 24 hours. The results? Three websites, one app, one musical instrument, a deck of cards and a multimedia art piece. One pair's idea was to project the faces of loved ones onto physical models created using a 3-D printer. Another project created a website that allows users to anonymously create ephemeral comments and images on other websites.
What's the Big Idea?
The results of the latest "Seven on Seven" conference suggest that the influence of design in our daily lives will continue to grow. Lauren Cornell, Curator of the New Museum, says that art and technology are a field in which "some of the most influential and important ideas happen." Ms. Conell was responsible for selecting the field of artists and technologists who would collaborate with each other. "I chose people who I thought were really generous and collaborative. People who could participate and succeed in a framework like this, which really entails being open and supportive of another person’s ideas," she said.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
- It's commonly thought that the suppression of female sexuality is perpetuated by either men or women.
- In a new study, researchers used economics games to observe how both genders treat sexually-available women.
- The results suggests that both sexes punish female promiscuity, though for different reasons and different levels of intensity.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.