An Entrepreneurial Mind in Action
Everyone else just saw a trash truck idling at a pickup point, blocking traffic, smoke pouring out of its exhaust and litter everywhere. But Jim Poss saw opportunity for innovation.
What's the Latest Development?
In 2003, Jim Poss saw a smoke-belching trash truck blocking traffic and leaving litter in its wake. There has to be a better way, he thought. He got others involved, motivated both by environmental concern and likely financial success. The result? Big Belly—an innovation solving the problems he saw that day.
What's the Big Idea?
Entrepreneurial leaders like Jim Poss can turn garbage into opportunities by using three practices: relying on self and social awareness; employing cognitive ambidexterity (switching flexibly between 'prediction' and 'creation' approaches); and considering social, environmental, and economic value simultaneously.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.