America Still Great & Getting Better
Now, more than at any time, Americans need to be reminded what a great country America has been and still is.
Now, more than at any time, Americans need to be reminded what a great country America has been and still is. As British foreign policy expert Lawrence Freedman pointed out, American power is based on alliances rather than colonies, and is associated both with an ideology that encourages individual aspirations and with a system that provides the means for people to achieve them. It is no doubt that America today is facing an extraordinarily trying time. We are burdened with trillions of dollars in national debt and a high unemployment rate. Our troops are fighting two wars thousands of miles from our soil with money we do not have.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
- It's commonly thought that the suppression of female sexuality is perpetuated by either men or women.
- In a new study, researchers used economics games to observe how both genders treat sexually-available women.
- The results suggests that both sexes punish female promiscuity, though for different reasons and different levels of intensity.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- He was inspired by a statistic he learned while working at a hedge fund: In the '90s, web usage was growing at 2,300% a year.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.