A 'Frisco' State of Mind
The city that kept out the Republicans and banned Happy Meals has a long history of doing things its own way. The Independent on the history of San Fran.
The US midterms were a sobering rejection of what Republicans like to call the 'Nancy Pelosi San Francisco Democrats'. But the city's legislative machine responded to the nation's lurch rightwards with a classic piece of Pelosi-style left-wingery: banning McDonald's Happy Meals from its restaurants. ... 'Don't get me wrong, San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities in the country,' says Christopher Ruddy, who runs the right-leaning news outlet Newsmax. 'But people there seem to have lost their political minds. ... California is careering towards bankruptcy, and here they are saying not to eat French fries!'
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.