How to really tackle world peace
The only way to create a peaceful world is for nations globally to interact with eachother and work together. there are many ways of doing this. for example events such as the olympics promote a good atmosphere that enhances relations. to achieve world peace though we must go alot further. the sort of thing that is necissary is a remake of the league of nations. i believe it would stand alot better chance of success today than it did after a major world war as doubts would not be so high and people are not so hostile against eachother. it is becoming increasingly accepted that people are all equal, and although i am not naive enough to believe this is the case all over the world, i believe that now would be as good a time as any in the near future to try as things are beginning to settle down in the middle east (although they are obviously not resolved). we also need the new league to have better organisation than it did the last time round with only a majority vote of say more than 75% needed to take an action instead of everyone needing to vote the same way. also i believe relations are now strong enough in europe and america that the league would have enough backing to succeed, (unlike last time).
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
- The research raises many ethical questions and puts to the test our current understanding of death.
What's dead may never die, it seems
An ethical gray matter
The dilemma is unprecedented.
Setting new boundaries
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.