How long til we can
Is a virtual world coming...one in which we can exist indefinitely with no need for a physical body? How close are we technologically and how long before society is ready for it? Will we exist with the knowledge that we exist virtually, or will we choose to forget? Will we be able to preprogram our lives to exist as a certain entity set to terminate at a specific time and then go through a process of "reincarnation" assuming another role?
What are the advantages to living in such a life?
What are the disadvantages?
If such feats are accomplished, what will that mean of our view on god?
What will be the difference between life now and life then?
Are we living in a virtual world already?
If so...can I download a million dollars please? Anybody listening? Okay, hell, make it 40 million.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
- As a stand-up comedian, Pete Holmes knows how words can manipulate audiences — for good and bad.
- Words aren't just words. They stich together our social fabric, helping establish and maintain relationships.
- Holmes has a clever linguistic exercise meant to bring you closer to the people around you.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.