American education refuses to teach the hole story of the American Indian. Most tribes are never studdied or even mentioned, and the ones that are the stories are skewed to the side of the victor. We have been missing a huge part of our history and understanding of ourselves with this ignorance. But, be reminded, this was no accident.
How poor work practices turn us all into remote workers.
- Technology's supposed interconnectivity doesn't breed human interaction, and has instead made many workers feel less happy and less productive.
- Using email rather than walking over to someone's desk and having face-to-face time is a major culprit. Inter-office messaging apps can also make employees feel more distant from their co-workers.
- Can the tech companies who created this issue turn workplace isolation around, or is this the new normal?
They're at a higher risk for depression, weekend binge drinking, and unnecessary dieting.
- Body dysmorphia is not limited to women, a new study from Norway and Cambridge shows.
- Young men that focus on building muscle are at risk for a host of mental and physical health problems.
- Selfie culture is not helping the growing number of teens that are anxious and depressed.
Researchers discover a link between nonverbal synchronization and relationship success.
- Scientists say coordinating movements leads to increased intimacy and sexual desire in a couple.
- The improved rapport and empathy was also observed in people who didn't know each other.
- Non-verbal clues are very important in the development stages of a relationship.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.