HORROR FLICKS ARE OVER-RATED
From Chucky to the happening, horror movies have lost their edge a bit. Either the script and the storylines have gotten worse and fantasy based or the actors arent naturally talented. Maybe its just me but I just am not afraid, startled by, or impressed by the horror flicks. The graphics are great tho, i can give props to the technicians who slave over their beefed up cpu's but it seems its the same old song being sung in a different note. In the beginning of the movie everything is odd and normal then something tragic happens and all mayhem breaks loose. I dont even consider Horror movies to watch for entertainment with friends because its predictable, but i guess movie are to be a leisure activity or viewing where you unplug your mind and boot up your imagination. tell me what you think people...
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.