Holic—let me recognize a person
Holic is a new game that it is develpoed by korea. It is a interesting game, so at that time, many of my friends played this game, including my best friend---xuan. He has been my friend since we were in the primary school. He is a good boy, that is imprsssion he gives to my family. We often play the game together.
In order to make more money, I applied two accounts of Holic. So I often used two accounts to play the game. But after a period of time, my computer worked overload, and it could not let two accounts run at the same time. So I could only use one account to make money and my money has owned less and less.
One day, xuan came to my home, and he saw me playing the game difficult, he told me that he has not played this game for a long time, I could give him my account and he would play with my account to earn money for me. Since he is my best friend, so I have not thought twice, and given him my account.
Several days later, I used the another account, which was used by xuan. But I did not expect that the game character in front of me is mine. I could not believe my eyes. Everything has gone: the equipment, holic money, hoilc gold and weapons. If he took away my holic money, it did not matter much, I could holic online gold, the key was that he had took away my favorite equipment, not only the cheap holic gold. The equipmnet has taken much holic online money to buy. I was so sad thar I have been betrayed by my best friend.
Maybe he has found that I have found the thing, he apologized to me and told me that it was not he who have used the equipment, but his brother. At that time, I did not think a lot, but I felt that he could not do that thing. So I forgived him.
A few days later, I played basketball with my some friends. I told them that my equipment was stolen by brother of xuan. They are shocked and unbelievable. They told me that his brother never played games online.
I was shocked. Xuan has been cheating me all the time. Was he still my best friend that I know?
After hearing the news, I never played that game again. Also I have never seen xuan from then.
Through Holic, I have seen the hypocrisy of my friend. I am both happy and sad.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Economist Sylvia Ann Hewlett breaks down what qualities will inspire others to believe in you.
- Here's how 300 leaders and 4,000 mid-level managers described someone with executive presence.
- Get more deep insights like these to power your career forward. Join Big Think Edge.
Upstreamism advocate Rishi Manchanda calls us to understand health not as a "personal responsibility" but a "common good."
- Upstreamism tasks health care professionals to combat unhealthy social and cultural influences that exist outside — or upstream — of medical facilities.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Thankfully, health care professionals are not alone. Upstreamism is increasingly part of our cultural consciousness.
It marks a major shift in the government's battle against the opioid crisis.
- The nation's sixth-largest drug distributor is facing criminal charges related to failing to report suspicious drug orders, among other things.
- It marks the first time a drug company has faced criminal charges for distributing opioids.
- Since 1997, nearly 222,000 Americans have died from prescription opioids, partly thanks to unethical doctors who abuse the system.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.