god or no god? does it matter?
Lately there has been a growning tension between atheists( the non beleivers) and the theists(the beleivers) all over the net forums of both sides are brisrtling with insults and its gone to the piont were we dont know who started this ever growning debate( and even if we did know it would not stop). In all objectivity i would like tpo say in a sense both sides are guilty of attacking each other; On all forums those who beleive post and blog insults and vice versa. i find this quite childish,this is how genocides and wars start; One side acuses the other side of injustice or just existing and declares a war or irradication of said side.If both sides think that they are right, that there theory is truth(Im calling it a theory because we cant truly and honestly prove that there is the existence of a all powerfull god or not) why dont thye just leave each other alone because they know that truth(them) and not falseness will prevail at one piont or another, they just have to wait.
lets stop fighting each other, grow up, respect each other, move on and agree to disagree.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Can sensitive coral reefs survive another human generation?
- Coral reefs may not be able to survive another human decade because of the environmental stress we have placed on them, says author David Wallace-Wells. He posits that without meaningful changes to policies, the trend of them dying out, even in light of recent advances, will continue.
- The World Wildlife Fund says that 60 percent of all vertebrate mammals have died since just 1970. On top of this, recent studies suggest that insect populations may have fallen by as much as 75 percent over the last few decades.
- If it were not for our oceans, the planet would probably be already several degrees warmer than it is today due to the emissions we've expelled into the atmosphere.
They didn't know it, but the rituals of Iron Age Scandinavians turned their iron into steel.
- Iron Age Scandinavians only had access to poor quality iron, which put them at a tactical disadvantage against their neighbors.
- To strengthen their swords, smiths used the bones of their dead ancestors and animals, hoping to transfer the spirit into their blades.
- They couldn't have known that in so doing, they actually were forging a rudimentary form of steel.
Michael Dowling, Northwell Health's CEO, believes we're entering the age of smart medicine.
- The United States health care system has much room for improvement, and big tech may be laying the foundation for those improvements.
- Technological progress in medicine is coming from two fronts: medical technology and information technology.
- As information technology develops, patients will become active participants in their health care, and value-based care may become a reality.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.