Global Reserve Bank
Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein Imagine all the people sharing all the world - Lennon
Global Reserve Bank
Article 1. Every person in the world owns one permanent share in the GRB. The GRB produces GRB ecocredits (e) equal to the shareholder average valuation of Earth's ecosystem wealth. Article 2. GRB shareholders value Earth's current ecosystem wealth at six quadrillion ecocredits. GRB ecocredits have the buying power of January 1, 2000 Federal Reserve Notes. Article 3. GRB shareholders capitalize the GRB Communication Account with 500 trillion ecocredits to invest in shareholder communications. Article 4. GRB shareholders capitalize the GRB Capital Exchange Account with 700 trillion ecocredits to invest ecosystem renewal and exchange for national bank notes. Article 5. GRB shareholders capitalize GRB shareholder accounts with 41 ecocredits per day for 20 years. The GRB converts the national bank note account of shareholder and commercial assets to GRB ecocredits. Article 6. The GRB earns income from an ecosystem impact charge on shareholder and commercial accounts. The GRB Income Account exchanges ecocredits with the GRB Reserve Account to maintain the buying power of an ecocredit. Article 7. Five percent of GRB income goes to the communication account and 95% is divided between shareholder accounts. GRB shareholders invest 10% of their GRB income in ecosystem renewal. The above percentages are set by shareholder average choices. Article 8. The majority of registered shareholders choose the GRB manager. The GRB manager sets the ecosystem impact charge and is responsible for the communication and capital exchange accounts. Article 9. After one year of inactivity account balances revert to the GRB Reserve Account. Amendments to this charter must be approved by a majority of the shareholders. Guardians have proxy rights.
Global Reserve Bank Charter
GRB shareholders earn lifelong economic security by taking the responsibility for restoring Earth's natural environment.
Questions & Answers
1. What secures GRB ecocredits?
The shareholder's valuation of Earth's ecosystem wealth.
2. Why does the GRB start with six quadrillion ecocredits that have the buying power of January 1, 2000 FRNs?
The date fixes the buying power of one ecocredit and six quadrillion ecocredits are needed to capitalize a prosperous global community of more than six billion shareholders.
3. Why 6 quadrillion ecocredits: e6, 000,000,000,000,000?
Because: In the year 2000 it took 15,000 US$ to sustain a first world child, and e15,000 times six billion shareholders, times 20 years equals e1.8 quadrillion. Additionally, to jump start an ecological economy, GRB shareholders invest e1.2 quadrillion in shareholder communications, ecosystem renewal and current national bank notes. Three quadrillion ecocredits remain in the GRB reserve account for additional shareholders and as the measure of the Bank's reserve ecosystem wealth.4. How can Earth's ecosystem wealth be increased?
GRB shareholders can increase their investment in ecosystem renewal and decrease their ecofootprint and the GRB manager can increase the ecosystem impact charge on shareholder and commercial accounts.
5. How does the manager set the ecosystem impact charges and when are they transferred to the GRB Income Account?
The shareholder account charge is set by the shareholder average ecosystem impact. Commercial account charges are set by their industry's impact. They are transferred daily.
6. What are some examples of shareholder investments in ecosystem renewal?
GRB shareholders invest in communication, clean energy, health, education, science and the arts, sustainable farming, fishing and foresting, ecological design and development, recycling, restoring polluted areas to nature, etc.
7. Can shareholder income be projected beyond 20 years?
Yes. In 20 years there will be more than three quadrillion ecocredits in shareholder and commercial accounts. If in year 21 the average ecosystem impact charge were 4%, GRB income would be e120t. If 5% paid for communications, 95% would earn six billion fully capitalized shareholders about twenty thousand ecocredits each.
8. Can GRB accounts be shown on an ecocredit flow chart?
Yes. The ongoing ecocredit flow chart below is shown after the depletion of the Capital Exchange Account.
9. Is the GRB a direct democratic institution?
Yes, the GRB is a direct democratic institution that earns every person on Earth a sustainable income.
10. Can GRB shareholders earn additional income by marketing capital, labor, land, food, shelter, energy, ideas, technology, communications and other goods and services?
11. How do GRB shareholders access the GRB?
The GRB buy's GRB shareholders biometrically keyed mobile telecommunicators and pay's for unlimited service.
12. Since shareholder income eliminates the need for welfare and defense; what becomes of nations?
Initially nations are funded by GRB investments in UN and NGO ecosystem renewal programs. Ultimately nations evolve into ecocommunities that manage themselves.
13. How do landless shareholders acquire land?
The GRB funds UN and NGO programs that acquire ecocommunity lands. Unattached shareholders utilize shareholder income and commercial financial services.
14. What becomes of political economics and the military industrial complex in the GRB system?
In the GRB system political economics evolves as clean commercial activity and the military industrial complex is employed to supply shareholder communications and restore Earth's environment.
15. Are GRB ecocredits an economical medium of exchange?
Yes, GRB ecocredits eliminate the cost of public debt money; that includes the cost of government, politics, taxation, interest, exchange rates, regulations, transfer fees, inflation, deflation, migration, poverty, pollution, ecocide, war, etc.
16. Will open communications and economic security reverse shareholder population growth?
Yes, most notably the lack of information and poverty induced population growth.
17. Is the GRB transparent?
Yes, except for GRB shareholder accounts.
18. How many types of GRB accounts are there?
There are six types of GRB accounts: Shareholder, Capital Exchange, Communication, Commercial, and the Bank's Income and Reserve accounts.
19. How long will it take to establish the GRB?
The GRB is established overnight by exchanging the world's public debt for GRB ecocredits by way of the BIS.
20. When will the GRB economy start?
When shareholder registration achieves the point of change.
Everyone is cordially invited to join the GRB Forum.
Bibliography & Notes
Merriam-Webster: Political economics deals with the production, distribution and consumption of manmade wealth and with the various related problems of government, politics, taxation, interest, exchange rates, regulations, transfer fees, inflation, deflation, migration, poverty, pollution, ecocide, genocide, terrorism, war, etc.
Merriam-Webster's definition of political economics begs the question: What is economical about politics and the consumption of wealth, and not economical about a direct democracy and the conservation of wealth?
Wikipedia Encyclopedia: Ecological economics establishes the interdependence between economics and ecosystems.
GRB institutes ecological economics.
Brandt: Eco, the ancient Greek word for house, is the basis of the modern words economy, or 'rules of the house', and ecology, or 'structure of the house'. This begs the question why don't we live by those rules or honor that structure?
We don't live by Earth rules or honor her structure because neoclassical economics produces debt money by consuming Earth products.
Darwin: Humans are a product of Earth.
Watson: Ecosystem destruction destroys life on Earth.
GRB shareholders restore life on Earth.
Stamp: Bankers own the Earth.
GRB shareholders own the Bank.
Jefferson: Private banks rule us with perpetual debt.
The GRB settles the world's public debt.
Aristotle: States, not nature, create fiat money.
Nature, not states, creates ecocredit money.
Greenspan: Gold is a durable commodity.
Ecocredit is a renewable commodity.
Brown: Neoclassical economics is in conflict with nature.
The GRB economy lives in harmony with nature.
Volcker: A global economy requires a global currency.
Ecocredit is a global currency.
Mundell: We need a bank that produces a common asset.
Ecocredit is a common asset.
Smith: The products of labor are the basis of our economy.
The products of Earth are the basis of the GRB economy.
Perkins: We must change the world.
GRB shareholders change the world.
Fuller: To change things make the existing reality obsolete.
GRB makes neoclassical economics obsolete.
Campbell: Humans will either value Earth or live in hell.
GRB shareholders value Earth and live in paradise.
Permaculture: Sustainable living follows natural patterns.
GRB shareholders invest in natural patterns.
Shaw: Copionics is the science of natural abundance.
GRB shareholders enjoy natural abundance.
Virgilio: GRB earns everyone a share of natural abundance.
Nairobi Standard: GRB - New economic model designed
Caddy: The GRB solution establishes a new age.
Progress Report: What is the GRB?
Yunus: Godspeed the GRB.
The current number of registered shareholders is: 3051
Unregistered shareholders can register here.
Michael Araya - Amharic, Lennart Bylund, Frances Fox, Tarekegn Garoma, Joanne Hissey, Madita Hoy, Monika Hoy - German, Makonnen Neway, John Pozzi - English, Vanessa Schulz, Tanza, Fassil Tassew, Getnet Tilahun, Ana Maria Vaz, Joanie Watkins, Rodolfo Windhausen - French - Portuguese - Spanish
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
It's the first time the association hasn't hired a comedian in 16 years.
- The 2018 WHCA ended in controversy after comedian Michelle Wolf made jokes some considered to be offensive.
- The WHCA apologized for Wolf's jokes, though some journalists and many comedians backed the comedian and decried arguments in favor of limiting the types of speech permitted at the event.
- Ron Chernow, who penned a bestselling biography of Alexander Hamilton, will speak at next year's dinner.
A glass of juice has as much sugar, ounce for ounce, as a full-calorie soda. And those vitamins do almost nothing.
Quick: think back to childhood (if you've reached the scary clown you've gone too far). What did your parents or guardians give you to keep you quiet? If you're anything like most parents, it was juice. But here's the thing: juice is bad for you.
A study on flies may hold the key to future addiction treatments.
- A new study suggests that drinking alcohol can affect how memories are stored away as good or bad.
- This may have drastic implications for how addiction is caused and how people recall intoxication.
- The findings may one day lead to a new form of treatment for those suffering from addiction.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.