Global Nation One
Global Nation One (GN1) is a site for the recently awakened. The embodiment of the phrase 'think global, act local'. It will be a blog centered around personal development, and societal change in a global context.
If someone is to say 'I'm ready to do something with myself now' but is still not sure of the steps they should take to get started, GN1 should be a perfect place to begin. It will synthesize necessary concepts in a hands-on action-oriented way, and it will feature organizations and resources that a person can use to become a 'global citizen'.
GN1 will make its money from advertising, affiliation with Amazon, Google Adsense and donations. My aim is to generate at least 10k a month by the year 2010, and expand the concept into a new media production company centered around the education and inspiration of a global citizenry.
In a breakthrough for nuclear fusion research, scientists at China's Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor have produced temperatures necessary for nuclear fusion on Earth.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- Still, scientists have many other obstacles to pass before fusion technology becomes a viable energy source.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The 116th Congress is set to break records in term of diversity among its lawmakers, though those changes are coming almost entirely from Democrats.
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
- Those changes come almost entirely from Democrats; Republican members-elect are all white men except for one woman.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.