Girl dies after partents pray for healing instead of seeking medical help
An 11 year old girl died earlier this year from a treatable form of diabetes. Her parents never took her to the hospital, but instead prayed for her health to improve. She had been sick for about a month before she expired. These types of stories infuriate me against religion and the deeply religious. I think the parents should be tried as criminals for 2nd degree murder or manslaughter, maybe gross neglagence, something. What do you think?
A link to the story is posted below, don't hate me because its fox news, I got the link from google news.
Dozens of mummified cats were dug up this week. This isn't as shocking as you might think.
- Archaeologists in Egypt have found dozens of mummified cats in the tomb of a royal offical.
- The cats will join the ranks of hundreds of thousands of previously discovered ancient kitties.
- While the cats are nothing special, the tomb also held well preserved beetles.
They're at a higher risk for depression, weekend binge drinking, and unnecessary dieting.
- Body dysmorphia is not limited to women, a new study from Norway and Cambridge shows.
- Young men that focus on building muscle are at risk for a host of mental and physical health problems.
- Selfie culture is not helping the growing number of teens that are anxious and depressed.
Detailed (and beautiful) information on 57 million crop fields across the U.S. and Europe are now available online.
- Using satellite images and artificial intelligence, OneSoil wants to make 'precision farming' available to the world.
- The start-up from Belarus has already processed the U.S. and Europe, and aims for global coverage by 2020.
- The map is practical, and more — browse 'Random Beautiful Fields' at the touch of a button.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.