Now is the time to learn a new language. Here's how to start.
Mondly makes it easy and fun to learn any of the app's 33 languages.
- One of the best ways to ensure cognitive health is by new acquiring skills, such as learning a new language.
- Learning a language may help your mind stay sharp as you age.
- The best way to learn is to constantly practice speaking with others.
Humans are designed to learn languages. It's common knowledge that, as children, we're much more receptive to understanding new languages, but as we grow older, it becomes harder to pick up new languages. As we become acclimated to our culture's language we begin to define reality through the lens of the language we speak.
Picking up another culture's language offers many benefits. Not only does it allow you to communicate with more people and think differently about concepts and emotions, the acquisition of a language may be able to delay the onset of Alzheimer's. In short, the mental and cultural benefits are tremendous.
Mondly makes it easy and fun to learn any of the app's 33 languages. By utilizing the power of Augmented Reality, you learn another language in your home environment. The app's state-of-the-art voice recognition offers real-time feedback by professional voice actors. Only by having a native speaker follow you around could you have a better learning experience.
A lifetime subscription, featuring all 33 languages, is now on sale for $99.99—a 95% discount off of the original price. This is an incredible deal for a lifetime of learning.
Prices subject to change.
When you buy something through a link in this article or from our shop, Big Think earns a small commission. Thank you for supporting our team's work.
A 12-year long study examines the differences between how same-sex and different-sex couples argue, with some surprising results.
- A 12-year long study by the Gottman Institute examines the differences between how same-sex couples and different-sex couples resolve conflicts.
- Overall, the relationship satisfaction and quality were about the same across all couple types (gay, straight, lesbian). However, the study did find some differences in how same-sex and different-sex couples argue, including using humor to diffuse tense situations, not taking things so personally during an argument and offering encouragement rather than criticism.
- No matter the relationship, there are key points to be taken away from this research in how we can all strive for healthier conflict resolutions in romantic relationships.
How to manage your time so you can actually accomplish what you want to
- In a world that's always online, it's easy to feel like we have insufficient time for ourselves, or to spend with our families and loved ones.
- Working out what you need to get done each day, and how long it will take, will allow you to create priorities on which you can focus your available time.
- If you find the traditional methods of mindfulness meditation too difficult, then meditative practices such as yoga or even running can also be extremely beneficial.
Numerous U.S. Presidents invoked the Insurrection Act to to quell race and labor riots.
- U.S. Presidents have invoked the Insurrection Act on numerous occasions.
- The controversial law gives the President some power to bring in troops to police the American people.
- The Act has been used mainly to restore order following race and labor riots.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.