Free will contradicts God being all knowing.
If you subscribe to the idea that God has bestowed free will upon us all and, simultaneously, maintain that he is omniscient to the degree that he is already aware of our decisions before we make them, then you are kidding yourself.
If you are at a crossroads and are wondering which direction to take, you can go east, west, north, or south, but God already knows you’re going east, can you make any other decision, but to go in that predetermined direction?
If you could, then God isn’t omniscient, but if you cannot, then you do not posses free will.
If there is a God, and this God does, in fact, have prior knowledge of our entire lives, then is it so radical of an idea to think we exist solely to carry out his intention? His will? Can it be taken further to say that we are an extension of his will? That God is akin to a 6 billon legged centipede like insect, with all of us, his many legs, scurrying about on a predestined course to get God where he needs to go? Are we all God?Or is it just more likely that religion is hogwash?
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Be glad your name isn't attached to any of these bad ideas.
- Some inventions can be celebrated during their time, but are proven to be devastating in the long run.
- The inventions doesn't have to be physical. Complex mathematical creations that create money for Wall Street can do as much damage, in theory, as a gas that destroys the ozone layer.
- Inventors can even see their creations be used for purposes far different than they had intended.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.