Fox News should they be charged for manipulation? Fined? Shut down??
That is what they are doing. They are screwing with OUR FREE MEDIA!!!
For whatever reason -- the threat of a boycott of advertisers, the general buzz about unfairness, some threatened FCC complaints, or a sense of fairness -- Fox News -- has caved and will admit Ron Paul to tonight's nationally-televised Republican presidential debate in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
The significant reversal in policy was confirmed by the state's Republican Party. Fox's banning of Paul from last Sunday's GOP debate in New Hampshire raised considerable uproar over fairness, even beyond Paul's fervent and vocal supporters. Fox refused to explain its decision and was deluged with thousands of e-mails and phone calls. Even Jay Leno was outraged and invited Paul back on his nationally-televised late-night program the night before the New Hampshire vote.
Though generally considered a very longshot candidate by independent observers, Paul placed fifth in the Iowa caucus with 10%, ahead of Rudy Giuliani at 4%. Yet Giuliani was invited to the Fox debate and Paul was excluded. In New Hampshire, Paul was polling ahead of Fred Thompson, who was invited though he was not campaigning in that state, but again Paul was excluded.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.