Fox News should they be charged for manipulation? Fined? Shut down??
That is what they are doing. They are screwing with OUR FREE MEDIA!!!
For whatever reason -- the threat of a boycott of advertisers, the general buzz about unfairness, some threatened FCC complaints, or a sense of fairness -- Fox News -- has caved and will admit Ron Paul to tonight's nationally-televised Republican presidential debate in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
The significant reversal in policy was confirmed by the state's Republican Party. Fox's banning of Paul from last Sunday's GOP debate in New Hampshire raised considerable uproar over fairness, even beyond Paul's fervent and vocal supporters. Fox refused to explain its decision and was deluged with thousands of e-mails and phone calls. Even Jay Leno was outraged and invited Paul back on his nationally-televised late-night program the night before the New Hampshire vote.
Though generally considered a very longshot candidate by independent observers, Paul placed fifth in the Iowa caucus with 10%, ahead of Rudy Giuliani at 4%. Yet Giuliani was invited to the Fox debate and Paul was excluded. In New Hampshire, Paul was polling ahead of Fred Thompson, who was invited though he was not campaigning in that state, but again Paul was excluded.
Researchers discover a link between nonverbal synchronization and relationship success.
- Scientists say coordinating movements leads to increased intimacy and sexual desire in a couple.
- The improved rapport and empathy was also observed in people who didn't know each other.
- Non-verbal clues are very important in the development stages of a relationship.
Humans evolved to live in the cold through a number of environmental and genetic factors.
- According to some relatively new research, many of our early human cousins preceded Homo sapien migrations north by hundreds of thousands or even millions of years.
- Cross-breeding with other ancient hominids gave some subsets of human population the genes to contend and thrive in colder and harsher climates.
- Behavioral and dietary changes also helped humans adapt to cold climates.
The comics titan worked for more than half a century to revolutionize and add nuance to the comics industry, and he built a vast community of fans along the way.
- Lee died shortly after being rushed to an L.A. hospital. He had been struggling with multiple illnesses over the past year, reports indicate.
- Since the 1950s, Lee has been one of the most influential figures in comics, helping to popularize heroes that expressed a level of nuance and self-doubt previously unseen in the industry.
- Lee, who's later years were marked by some financial and legal tumult, is survived by his daughter, Joan Celia "J.C." Lee.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.