Candidate Visits Mailbox "HQ" of American Future Fund [Video]
Rep Bruce Braley (D-Ia) paid a visit to the "headquarters," of the American Future Fund, a shadowy 501(c)4 group that has spent nearly $1 million to defeat him in the upcoming election.
American Future Fund, a conservative nonprofit based in Des Moines, has repeatedly attacked Braley in the hopes of aiding his underfunded Republican opponent, Ben Lange. Because the group is organized as a 501(c)4 nonprofit, it does not have to disclose its donors. But it’s leadership is made up of prominent Iowa Republicans with ties to the presidential campaign of Mitt Romney and the gubernatorial campaign of Terry Branstad, as well as media consultants who played key roles in the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth ads in 2004 and the Willie Horton ad in 1988.
Braley attempted to stop by the group’s headquarters, but as it turns out, there is no office, only a P.O.Box at a UPS Store.
“We don’t know where these secret donors are that are supporting Ben Lange, but they’re obviously not at the UPS Store on Fleur Drive,” he said. [Iowa Independent]
It's a nice little bit of political theater to raise awareness about one of the most important issues in American democracy: The fact that corporations can spend unlimited sums on political ads without disclosing their donors.
[Photo credit: Jane Rahman, Creative Commons.]
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
The controversy over whether Jesus had any siblings is reignited after an amazing new discovery of an ancient text.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.