Financial mechanism needed for passive solar construction
How can we create a system to finance needed passive solar technologies up front?
I've long dreamed of building the ultimate ecologically friendly dwelling; rammed earth construction, cooling drawn from underground for use in summer; and heat stored for winter use in large, highly insulated masses of earth (also underground).
The heating / cooling systems could be adapted for conventional homes as well, by heating a larger volume of earth. Hot summer air is cheap!
I envision a system where the funds are provided up front, plans, site, and progress are evaluated by an administrator, and a conventional mortgage results for the property when construction is complete.
If the person defaults, sell the property and reinvest the funds for another similar project.
Can we do this?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Quoth the parrot — "Nevermore."
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809–1949) is considered one of America's great writers.
- Poe penned his most famous poem, The Raven, in his 30s.
- Originally, the poem's feathered subject was a bit flamboyant.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- Creating a more connected world and indexing the world's information: what could be better than that?
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.