Fight (and possibly die) at 18, drink at 21... why not 18?
I am currently a college student on the path towards greater knowledge, and during my college career I will be enrolled in ARMY ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps) at my school. Which leads me to my outrageous belief that the drinking age still has not been lowered to 18, and age of "adulthood" per-say, we also cannot: rent a hotel room, rent a car, legally own a hand gun, and many more insane laws. I found this amazing web page that may provide interesting material about this topic: http://www.chooseresponsibility.org/ The point I am trying to get to is that if my fellow American Soldiers are going off and dieing at the age of 18, why can we not sit down and tip back a cold one?
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
The controversy over whether Jesus had any siblings is reignited after an amazing new discovery of an ancient text.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.