Evolution and the Big Bang
I know that the two are completely different theories relating to completely different issues, explaining complex life vs explaining some of the mysteries of our universe. In a few posts I have mentioned the two in conjuction and been rebuffed by those who rightly say the two have nothing to do with each other, but does anyone believe in one and not the other? Like I said in at least one post, I think it is hard to believe that the universe was created in the big bang, but that god came along one day and put humans and animals on of of the planets, or to believe that all complex life is the result of the process of evolution but the earth was set in motion around the sun by the hand of god. Does anyone believe in one of these theories but not the other?
A large new study uses an online game to inoculate people against fake news.
- Researchers from the University of Cambridge use an online game to inoculate people against fake news.
- The study sample included 15,000 players.
- The scientists hope to use such tactics to protect whole societies against disinformation.
Controversial map names CEOs of 100 companies producing 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Just 100 companies produce 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gases.
- This map lists their names and locations, and their CEOs.
- The climate crisis may be too complex for these 100 people to solve, but naming and shaming them is a good start.
Many governments do not report, or misreport, the numbers of refugees who enter their country.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.