Evangelist Fading From the Media
Evangelist sit on there golden throne in their extravagant temples and are afraid to confront science on this most popular media.
Evangelists have their own internet sites where their sheep can thrive and agree on their contraversial biblical writings. When I was a teen, they sent witnesses out to try to acquire new sheep. Our main media of today and the future is the internet.
Why are they not defending themselves against science? Is it because they know that they are wrong and are afraid that their golden thrones will be taken away?
I think intelligence has overcome their reproach of science. Or maybe there are so few of them today that they can aquire enough wealth from the wool that has already been fabricated.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Prejudice is typically perpetrated against 'the other', i.e. a group outside our own.
- But ageism is prejudice against ourselves — at least, the people we will (hopefully!) become.
- Different generations needs to cooperate now more than ever to solve global problems.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
- The team observed an ultra-rare particle interaction that reveals the half-life of a xenon-124 atom to be 18 sextillion years.
- The half-life of a process is how long it takes for half of the radioactive nuclei present in a sample to decay.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.