Equipped For Ministry
A student ministry should take time to make sure their kids are being trained to teach and serve others. A student ministry's purpose is not to invite kids in to entertain them, but to provide a training ground of teaching the Word of God to others. Students must be introduced in how to use their gifts and talents to minister to others. If this does not happen, the students of that ministry leave without any desire to minister themselves because their ministry was based on wrong foundations. Students must know what the Bible says and must be trained to communicate it to others. That is how disciples make disciples. Although most student leaders would agree, it can be confusing as to exactly how to train students to minister. One idea is to have students spend time with leaders outside of the youth group setting. Maybe training would work better in a one on one environment. I am open to ideas of how to train students for ministry either in the church or outside the church.Specifics that come to mind are how to get kids to teach the Bible and how to build community Any ideas would be helpful.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The stories we tell define history. So who gets the mic in America?
- History is written by lions. But it's also recorded by lambs.
- In order to understand American history, we need to look at the events of the past as more prismatic than the narrative given to us in high school textbooks.
- Including different voices can paint a more full and vibrant portrait of America. Which is why more walks of American life can and should be storytellers.
There is no doubt that the historical Jesus, the man who was executed by the Roman State in the first century CE, was a brown-skinned, Middle Eastern Jew.
I grew up in a Christian home, where a photo of Jesus hung on my bedroom wall. I still have it. It is schmaltzy and rather tacky in that 1970s kind of way, but as a little girl I loved it. In this picture, Jesus looks kind and gentle, he gazes down at me lovingly. He is also light-haired, blue-eyed, and very white.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.