Equipped For Ministry
A student ministry should take time to make sure their kids are being trained to teach and serve others. A student ministry's purpose is not to invite kids in to entertain them, but to provide a training ground of teaching the Word of God to others. Students must be introduced in how to use their gifts and talents to minister to others. If this does not happen, the students of that ministry leave without any desire to minister themselves because their ministry was based on wrong foundations. Students must know what the Bible says and must be trained to communicate it to others. That is how disciples make disciples. Although most student leaders would agree, it can be confusing as to exactly how to train students to minister. One idea is to have students spend time with leaders outside of the youth group setting. Maybe training would work better in a one on one environment. I am open to ideas of how to train students for ministry either in the church or outside the church.Specifics that come to mind are how to get kids to teach the Bible and how to build community Any ideas would be helpful.
Upstreamism advocate Rishi Manchanda calls us to understand health not as a "personal responsibility" but a "common good."
- Upstreamism tasks health care professionals to combat unhealthy social and cultural influences that exist outside — or upstream — of medical facilities.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Thankfully, health care professionals are not alone. Upstreamism is increasingly part of our cultural consciousness.
The Bajau people's nomadic lifestyle has given them remarkable adaptions, enabling them to stay underwater for unbelievable periods of time. Their lifestyle, however, is quickly disappearing.
- The Bajau people travel in small flotillas throughout the Phillipines, Malaysia, and Indonesia, hunting fish underwater for food.
- Over the years, practicing this lifestyle has given the Bajau unique adaptations to swimming underwater. Many find it straightforward to dive up to 13 minutes 200 feet below the surface of the ocean.
- Unfortunately, many disparate factors are erasing the traditional Bajau way of life.
Lauren Miranda sent a nude selfie to a boyfriend years ago. Somehow one of her students discovered it.
- Math teacher Lauren Miranda was fired from her Long Island school when a topless selfie surfaced.
- Miranda had only shared the photo with her ex-boyfriend, who is also a teacher in the school district.
- She's suing the school for $3 million as well as getting her job back, citing gender discrimination.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.